One of my good friends tagged me join in on the fun that’s been circling around this blogging community I’m blessed to be involved in.
Eleven Fun Facts about myself:
1. I have an awkward birth order. I’m the 4th of 5 for my mom, but the 1st of 2 for my dad. So I have tendencies of both the insecure middle child and the responsibility personality of an oldest child.
2. I have been married for 3 years (Wed the 18th!!).
3. I work in a group home with mentally disabled males.
4. I love to crochet (when I find the time)
5. My husband is the first man I ever dated and the first man I’d ever been even slightly interested in.
6. All 4 of our parents live within 5 miles of where we do (which is remarkable since we’re both from divorced houses)
7. I should be packing instead of focusing on this…
8. The baptism that I underwent on Easter was a second baptism.
9. My sister is going baby crazy!! (and I’m only 9 weeks along)
10. I love to cook but rarely find the time to…second shift does that.
11. I look forward to the day that I can run my own daycare from home and don’t have to work outside the house.
A new Picture:
The questions I was given…
1. What consists of a perfect evening for you?
At this point in time, relaxing with the hubbers either watching a movie we both like or talking about our day, dreams, desires, ect. Followed by turning in semi-early.
2. What is your ideal birthday cake?
Angel food cake with strawberries and a little bit of whipped cream. 🙂
3. Are you a morning person or night owl and how does it compare to your spouse?
I have become a morning person. My spouse is a night owl.
4. What’s your favorite Bible verse (for today)?
Galatians 1:10~For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
5. What are you currently reading?
I am reading through the chronological One Year Bible, One Thousand Gifts, Power of a Praying Woman.
6. Aside from Jesus, what character in the Bible challenges you the most and why?
Ruth because she left everything and everyone familiar to her to live with people she did not know. Once her husband died she remained faithful to her mother-in-law. While I love my in-laws, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I would be able to walk away from the family I’ve known my entire life.
7. How would you describe your style?
My style is that I have no style. I wear hand-me-downs from my sister, cheap clearance rack clothes, and whatever shoes seem most comfortable for the day as opposed to what goes best with the clothing I chose to wear that day
8. What do you like about your favorite season?
My favorite season is spring I am all about new beginnings and I love being enthralled by the way everything comes back to life after a season of appearing dead and lifeless. Watching things blossom from the seemingly dilapidated state they were in before. It relates so much to our spiritual lives that it’s next to impossible to ignore.
9. What six descriptive words would you use to describe your personality?
Caring-sometimes too much so.
Shy-although you wouldn’t know it when watching me.
Reliable-I will put the needs of those I care of before me.
Optimistic-I will always look for the good, no matter the situation.
Compassionate-He’s allowed me to go through much in order to empathize with those around me.
10. What’s your favorite wall color and is it in your home?
A gentle green. No, if I owned my home, it would probably be so, but since I do not at this time, I haven’t painted any walls.
11. If you could vacation anywhere, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I would probably go to Europe. I have always thought it would be fun to go over there. Plus it has a good amount of tourist attractions that would occupy our time and keep us busy.
Now it’s your turn…..
Your questions are:
1. What is your favorite childhood memory and why?
2. What song suits your life best right now?
3. If you could pick one career to excel at, what would it be and why?
4. If money was no object, what would you do with your life?
5. What the biggest lesson you have learned so far in your life?
6. What’s a random fact about yourself that few people know?
7. Describe your dream house.
8. If you could have any talent, what would it be?
9. What are your favorite books?
10 Which trait of your best friend do you admire first?
11. How are you intentionally building your relationship with God?