One of the sites I follow, posted these 20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection. We’ll, I’m going to take advantage of some down time and answer these now. I thought it made a great topic to post on. 🙂
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
–I started a successful accountability relationship. She has become my best friend.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
–My cousin (the only one on my dad’s side I was even remotely close to at the time) being arrested, tried, and convicted of murder.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
–Making some great friends in the blogging world. I would have probably never met some of them had it not been for this space to share my heart.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
–The loss of a “friendship” with someone I had thought was sent to help me with my walk.
5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
–Glad it’s over
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
–Drama Drama Drama (mostly outside of course)
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
–Just another year
8. What were the best books you read this year?
–Grace for the Good Girl (not completely done, but definitely the best)
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
–My husband, My sister, my parents, Kelsey (my accountability partner), Jackie (my mentor)
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
–Believing I am valuable enough to stand up for what I believe is right without fearing what the outcome may be.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
–My fears don’t have as much control over me as they once did.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
–I have consistently read through the bible, had a successful accountability relationship, and have began to learn exactly what trusting God looks like in my life.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
–I started to (and enjoyed) working out…that is until my gym closed unexpectedly last month.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
–I have began to recognize those who deserve my trust and respect and those who don’t before getting too attached. (This my sound like a step backwards but for me it’s a step forward)
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
–I found a job that I truly enjoy and find rewarding. I learn to love it more each day, even on the bad days.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
–Learning how to best diffuse the behaviors before the clients are in a full blown out behavior
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
–It’s a tie…facebook and pinterest
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
–Spending time with my dad, sister and husband
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
–How to not get overwhelmed with the everyday facts that I cannot control.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.
–The hardest year of my life thus far, yet the most personal growth I’ve had to date as well.
I’d love to hear about your inputs on 2011.